Today marks the eagerly anticipated release of the 25th Anniversary Blu-ray of the timeless love story, THE PRINCESS BRIDE. Check out their Pinterest page for awesome finds. If you want to add to their boards use the hashtag : #PrincessBride25.
As You Wish… Rob Reiner’s Fan Favorite Fairy Tale Celebrates Silver Anniversary; the 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition Debuts October 2nd from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
In this a young boy is told a classic fairytale that has been passed down in his family for generations – an epic story of adventure, deceit, outrageous characters, and of course, love. This feature will explore some of our other favorite films in the fantasy genre, including Dragonheart, The Neverending Story, and Return To Oz.
Scale the cliffs of insanity, battle rodents of unusual size, face torture in the pit of despair, and join Princess Buttercup and Westley on their spell-binding journey to find true love when The Princess Bride 25th Anniversary Blu-ray debuts October 2 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. A classic fairy tale complete with heroes, villains, trickery, mockery and death-defying miracles, The Princess Bride captured audiences young and old with its brilliant, memorable dialogue, enchanting story line and bewitching characters.
1988’s Willow stars Warwick Davis as the titular character, and Val Kilmer as Madmartigan, a swordsman who helps Willow. The brainchild of Ron Howard and George Lucas, Willow is the tale of Willow, a Nelwyn (dwarf-like person) and conjurer, who finds a child that was prophesized to cause the downfall of the evil queen. With the help of Madmartigan, Willow is able to deliver the child to safety, and return home a hero.
The Neverending Story
The Neverending Story is a 1984 film adaptation of a German novel of the same name. In it, an unhappy boy is bullied by other kids and hides in a bookstore. There, the shopkeeper gives him a magic book, which allows the reader to become part of the magical story. Soon, he realizes that the characters in the story are aware of him, and that his imagination can help save the magical world and its inhabitants.
Dragonheart is a 1996 film that stars Dennis Quaid, David Thewlis, and the voice of Sean Connery. Dragonheart is about a 10th century knight named Bowen (Quaid), who forms an alliance with the last remaining dragon, Draco (voiced by Connery), to perform staged dragon slayings in order to collect rewards. Together, they ultimately save their entire kingdom from the tyrannical rule of the evil King Einon (Thewlis).
2003’s Big Fish was directed by Tim Burton and is based on a novel of the same name. With a fantastic cast, including Ewan McGregor, Marion Cotillard, Steve Buscemi, Danny DeVito and Helena Bonham Carter, Big Fish is the story of a dying man telling his son tall tales from his exciting life. His fantastic stories involve great characters, like witches, giants, Siamese twins and a bank robber, all depicted in typical Tim Burton style.
Return To Oz
1985’s Return To Oz acts as the sequel to the original Oz film, although its storyline proves to be much darker that its predecessor. In this movie, six months have passed since Dorothy visited Oz, and she finds herself back in the mystical land, which is now in shambles since the evil Queen Mombi has taken over. Only Dorothy can save the city, and defeat Mombi along with some help from her new friends from the ruined Emerald City – Jack Pumpkinhead, Tik Tok, and The Gump.
Blu-Ray Disc Special Features:
ALL NEW - TRUE LOVE: THE PRINCESS BRIDE PHENOMENON (Pts. 1 & 2) For 25 years, viewers have watched and loved The Princess Bride. But why does it resonate so strongly for all ages? This two-part featurette offers some answers, along with funny and touching tributes from its cast, director, writer and fans.
- Part 1: TRUE LOVE: THE PRINCESS BRIDE PHENOMENON - A Conversation with Rob Reiner, Cary Elwes and Robin Wright. The director and his stars reunite for this lively discussion of the film's 25th anniversary, favorite fan encounters and memories from the set, illustrated by never-before-seen dailies.
- Part 2: TRUE LOVE: THE PRINCESS BRIDE PHENOMENON - Hear from the film's creators and cast, passionate fans, and see film tributes and parodies, as we explore why the movie became a phenomenon. Interviewees include Rob Reiner, Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Billy Crystal, Mandy Patinkin, Christopher Guest, Chris Sarandon, writer William Goldman, executive producer Norman Lear, Rob's father Carl Reiner, and more.
- Audio Commentary by Rob Reiner
- Audio Commentary by William Goldman
- As You Wish: The Story of The Princess Bride
- Cary Elwes Video Diary
- Miraculous Makeup
- The Dread Pirate Roberts: Greatest Pirate of the Seven Seas
- Love is Like a Storybook
- The Princess Bride The Untold Tales featurette
- The Art of Fencing featurette
- Fairytales and Folklore featurette
- Original theatrical trailer
- Easter Eggs
Will you be buying this Blu-Ray for your family?