Discover Frizz Freedom this July with Living Proof Frizz-Free Fridays at ULTA Beauty
I don't know about you all but the heat is killing my hair. Well, not literally but it makes my hair a hot mess and so frizzy! Read about this event to beat the frizzy hair! More about it below!
Who: Living Proof, the innovative beauty company that uses new technologies originating from MIT, delivers Frizz-Free Fridays to ULTA Beauty customers nationwide.
What is happening?: As temperatures and humidity rise during the month of July, Living Proof and ULTA Beauty have joined forces to deliver frizz freedom to all with Frizz-Free Fridays at ULTA Salons nationwide. Visitors to THE SALON at ULTA Beauty can experience what it means to stay frizz-free for 48 hours or more with an exclusive, complimentary blowout featuring Living Proof
products. 30 minute free appointments include shampoo, condition and hair
styling with a blow dryer and round or paddle brush for a polished frizz-free
look. Plus, receive a complimentary deluxe 1 oz. frizz
Nourishing Styling Cream with any Living Proof purchase of $20 or more.
When is this happening?:
Friday, July 12 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, July 19 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, July 26 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Where exactly is this taking place at?:All ULTA Beauty Locations Nationwide; Please call an ULTA store near you to make an appointment by checking Ulta’s website.
You may be wondering why would they be having an event like this?:THE -TRUTH BEHIND FRIZZ-
Eric Spengler Living Proof’s Chief Commercialization Officer and SVP of Research and Developments explains frizz.
- The culprits of frizz. Frizz is caused by 2 factors: humidity and friction. When you look at a strand of hair, the outer layer looks a like shingles on a roof – that’s the cuticle. When your hair is exposed to high humidity, all that moisture in the air can get absorbed into the hair fiber, causing those shingles to flare out. They rub against one another and create more friction. To thoroughly and effectively fight frizz, you need to address both issues: moisture and friction. That’s where most solutions fall short.
- Silicones and flat ironing aren’t the answer. The majority of anti-frizz products contain the exact same ingredients that have been used for over 30 years—silicone and oils. These technologies lubricate the hair’s surface and weigh hair down temporarily reducing friction – but they do nothing to control the moisture vapor in the hair. Flat ironing smooths down the cuticle and temporarily reduces friction. But does nothing to guard against humidity so hair is still vulnerable to frizz.
- Biggest anti-frizz breakthrough in 30 years. OFPMA, the proprietary
molecule in Living Proof
frizzproducts, coats hair more evenly than silicones so moisture is not able to penetrate the hair fiber. It also helps smooth each strand’s texture, leaving it frictionless. Through clinical testing, we found that frizzis 70% more effective at blocking humidity than conventional, silicone-based anti-frizz products.
1. Choose the best brush. Use a boar bristle brush instead of something synthetic – it smoothes the hair cuticle more effectively.
2. Blow dry better. Start with damp, towel-dried hair and always blow dry at a high heat using a nozzle to add smoothness and shine.
3. Stay away from silicones. Silicones (which are found in a large number of anti-frizz products) don’t coat each hair strand evenly so moisture can still get in – meaning your frizz-free look won’t last long. OFPMA, the miracle molecule in Living Proof products, more evenly and weightlessly guards against unwanted moisture.
4. Skip the elastics. Hitting the tennis courts or hiking trails? Braid your hair or twist it into a chignon, but secure it with bobby pins instead of an elastic band, which will crease your hair. You’ll keep your hair contained, and when you take it down you’ll get a pretty wave.
5. Protect yourself from the sun. This is true for your skin and your strands. Before you head outdoors, try a lightweight hair product with UV protection (Tim loves the Living Proof Restore Revitalizing Spray) or slather on a leave-in conditioner if you’re planning on swimming.
6. Say no to clarifying shampoos. You may think you need to lather up with one of these if you’re spending a lot of time in the pool – don’t! Clarifying your hair during these hot, humid months will only leave you more prone to breakage.
So what do you think? Will you be heading to Ulta on one of these Fridays this month?