“This is a sponsored post with Mums the Word Network and Doctor on Demand. All opinions are my own.”
Let’s face it, you get sick and you don't feel good. You call the doctor and it will be a few days before they can even see you. The last thing you want to do is get up out of bed and head to see a doctor. With Doctor On Demand, you can talk to a doctor via video call on your phone and it’s immediate! Doctor On Demand is a healthcare service that provides Video Visits with board certified physicians, psychologists, and lactation consultants via smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Summer is here and now is the PERFECT time to use Doctor On Demand! Some reasons you may need it would be the dreaded 10 Perils of Summer!
- Bee Sting - Ouch! Bees, wasps, hornets and other stinging bugs are sometimes unavoidable.
- Concussions - A concussion can result from a blow to the body or head, such as a fall from a swing set.
- Poison Oak & Ivy - In the woods everything is green and leafy and… poisonous? Some plants really make you itch.
- Jellyfish - They’re not really fish, and they don’t attack. But their tentacles pack a painful and potent venom.
- Tick bites - Lyme disease and other complications can arise from a nasty little tick bite. Ask a doctor.
- Sunstroke - Kids and seniors are at higher risk for heat exhaustion and sunstroke. Be aware.
- Sports Injuries - After a long winter, we’re in a rush to get outdoors. Sometimes leading to a trip and fall.
- Burns - Accidents can happen when we’re around campfires or BBQ grills. Get treatment right away.
- Kids bumps and bruises - Sometimes it’s a minor scrape, but it may be a more serious bruise. Let’s have a look.
Getting Doctor On Demand is simple. The app is free to download. It is available on Google Play and the iTunes store. Did you know that Dr. Phil is an advisor and his son Jay McGraw is a co-founder of Doctor On Demand? Jay McGraw is Emmy Award-winning creator and executive producer of The doctors without borders. You can grab Doctor On Demand via Google Play and iTunes. You can also access via your computer on their website!
Register your app with the code SMALLTHINGS and your first visit will be free! They will credit you $50 on your account! Use this code by 7/15/15. How neat is that? When should you use Doctor On Demand?
Use Doctor On Demand for the following:
- Cold, cough, flu, allergies
- The 10 Perils Of Summer
- Rash, Pink eye, hayfever
- Asthma, bladder infections
- Pediatric questions
- Most cases that are not life threatening
- Prescriptions refills
- Referral to a specialist
Do not use Doctor On Demand for any medical problem that is life-threatening such as:
- Chest pain/pressure
- Serious head, neck or back injury
- Broken Bones
I used this app and put in my symptoms and was able to communicate with a doctor about it. I have a horrible burn from cooking and was able to be reassured that it is okay and was called in something for it. One of the greatest things for me about using this app is that it is the weekend and I was able to talk to somebody! It is great to be diagnosed from the comfort of my own home without having to go out into this hot and sweaty weather. Check out Doctor On Demand on their website to learn more. Be sure to visit them on their social media below to stay up to date with the latest! Thanks for reading!