*Disclaimer: Thank you to P&G for providing our gift card and wipes to facilitate this post*
There are so many things that I wish I would have known before I became a mom. When I had my oldest daughter, I was a young and scared. There are so many things that I did not know and I really wish someone would have told me. If you are expecting or are a first time mom, I want to share with you some things that I think you deserve to know!
- It is normal to be scared. Why? Because you don't know what to expect. This little human has already or is coming into your life. You don't know what is going to happen. You don't know what is going to go on day to day. Do not let this fear consume you. Why? Because as a mom we all start somewhere. Don't keep your head stuck in those "how to raise your baby" books. In the end, you will do your own natural thing. Take it one day at a time!
- Don't try to be supermom. You will want to get everything done and you will want it to be perfect. Your house does not have to be completely spotless. You do not have to have every hair in place. The dishes don't have to be done every day. You can pick a few days out of the week to do laundry. Enjoy spending time with your little one(s) because you never want to miss a moment.
- Rest When Baby Does! Oh my. If you are reading this and already have kids, you already know this tip is amazing. We all know that babies get up in the middle of the night. Taking advantage of that nap in the middle of the day is something that you won't regret. Take a cat nap and enjoy the cuddles!
- Don't be afraid to tell that old lady in the store to mind her own business when it comes to unwanted advice. I couldn't tell you how many times that I received unwanted and not to mention BAD advice when it came to my kids. After my second baby it didn't take me long to smack someones hand when they tried to touch my child. Or tell somebody to mind their own business when they say "Oh! You are pregnant again?! You know how that happens don't you?" "Your baby doesn't need that much breastmilk in his/her bottle, or he/she will get fat." Um really? I will feed my baby as much as he/she wants. I know how much he/she can handle thank you.
- You will appreciate showers like no other. Sometimes as moms, our shower time is the only time we get alone. It will feel like 5 minutes of paradise. (Because sometimes 5 minutes is all you can get in when kids are running around!)
- Baby poo comes in so many colors. YES, green poo, yellow poo, brown poo. IT IS ALL NORMAL. If you are breastfeeding, yellow poo that smells like popcorn will become the new normal. When they DON'T poo is when you need to be worried. If you are pregnant, the first time your baby goes will be like black tar. Do not be alarmed. It is normal. I remember FREAKING out when I had my first daughter. No one ever told me it would smell and look so awful.
- Pampers Swaddlers Diapers ARE THE BEST! I am not saying this just because. I am saying this because Pampers ARE literally the only brand that I used with each of my kids. When my kids were little babies, the hospital would always give them Pampers diapers. I love Pampers for a variety of reasons, one of them bring that they are a brand I can trust.
Not only are pampers diapers soft and the best. Pampers also provide 12 hours of protection! I also loved the little wetness indicator that changed colors when the little one wet the diaper. That really comes in handy when they are newborns because they can only pee so much. Did you know that Babies "R" Us has a wide selection of Pampers Swaddlers?
My local store carries so many Pampers diapers. The Pampers Swaddlers included. If you are like me, you want to purchase more at a time so they last longer. I mean there is nothing more annoying than realizing you are down to your last diaper. We all know that it takes forever to get out out of the door with the wee ones.
You can now purchase Pampers Swaddlers Super Economy Pack and Economy Plus Pack at Babies "R" Us online too!
If you decide to purchase online, most of the time you can get FREE In Store Pickup as well! Pampers are available up to size 5! If you don't know what fit to get for your little one, ask the experts are Babies "R" Us! They will help you. Don't forget your Pampers Baby Fresh Wipes while you are at it! I received some with my prize pack and let me tell you- not only do they feel great, they smell amazing! Should we ever have any more kids, Pampers Swaddlers are going to be the first on my baby shower registry! That is for sure! Check out the Babies "R" Us website via one of the links here in this post and see where there is one located near you! Be sure to visit them on their social media below while you are at it! You don't want to miss out on a good deal!
What I wish I would Have Known Before Becoming A Mom! @BabiesRUs #Giveaway #MilestoneMoments #Ad @pampers http://t.co/jpA9I37zhW
— Bre-The Small Things (@bre631989) June 23, 2014
Join me for a #MilestoneMoments Twitter Party on Thursday, June 26 at 9pm ET. Follow the #MilestoneMoments to participate! See you there!!!
WIN IT! One lucky reader is going to win a $150 Babies "R" Us GiftCard and Pampers Wipes (64 count)! Remember that Babies "R" Us Giftcards can also be redeemed at Toys "R" Us! Most of them have both combined into one store. I AM THE ONLY BLOGGER ON THIS GIVEAWAY! Winner must live in the Continental USA.You MUST complete the mandatory entries to qualify. Completing ALL entries will increase your odds. Giveaway will end on 7/20/14 at 11:59PM CST. No purchase necessary to enter. Winner will have 24 hours to respond to the winning email PLEASE add email@example.com to your SAFE SENDER LIST. I will not be responsible for emails lost in spam. Enter with the giveaway tools below! Goodluck!
*The Small Things will be sending the winner their prize. This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.*