I grew up watching Aladdin. I was a small child around my daughters age when it came out. I remember it like it was yesterday. I cannot believe that it has already been 20 years. We learned so much when I went to L.A. and met Eric Goldberg, the genie animator! (Keep your eyes peeled because I have SO much to share about this). If you didn't know, Aladdin Diamond Edition comes out on Blu-ray on October 13th! It is on Disney Movies Anywhere digitally now, you can learn more about DMA here. You have to check out all of these bonus features that you will see when you purchase Aladdin Diamond Edition!
- The Genie Outtakes - Robin Williams’ Genie outtakes are magically brought to life.
- Genie 101 - Scott Weinger (the voice of Aladdin), takes families through the various transformations of the famous (and formerly famous) celebrity references of the Genie.
- Ron & John: You Ain’t Never Had a Friend Like Me - Directors John Musker & Ron Clements sit down and discuss the experiences of their long-running partnership together at Disney.
- Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic - Host Darren Criss takes families on a “a new fantastic point of view” of how Aladdin went from a classic Disney animated film to Broadway’s smash hit with Composer Alan Menken and others.
- Unboxing Aladdin - Joey Bragg from Disney Channel’s Liv & Maddy explores the Easter eggs and hidden secrets of Aladdin in this unboxing video.
- Classic Bonus - ALL classic bonus from the original DVD release including the following deleted songs: Proud Of Your Boy, You Can Count On Me, Humiliate The Boy, Why Me, Aladdin & Jasmine’s First Meeting, and Aladdin in the Lap of Luxury.
I remember being so excited watching this movie as a child. I am so happy that my daughter gets to experience watching this too! You can Pre-order Aladdin Diamond Edition on Amazon today! Check out the official website. There is so much to do! So many coloring pages, games and more! Follow Aladdin on social media below to stay up to date with the latest!
Who is your favorite Character in the movie? What is your favorite scene? Tell me about it. I would love to hear more!