I am working on new things for my blog. I would like to bring more food content and recipe posts! With that said, I came up with the idea to make Pumpkin Buttercream Vanilla Cupcakes, and place them in Ball canning jars! These little jars are cute and hold one cupcake! This is the perfect Fall treat too! They were so easy to make. The frosting is to die for! I even gave one to my UPS guy! He was so thankful!
I made the little heart out of melted almond bark! I cut the end of a ziplock bag and added a tip inside of it, poured the melted bark and piped the hearts on wax paper! The dried and turned out cute! Now, for the icing- This is my first attempt at a homemade buttercream icing. My family approves of it, and I LOVE IT. It is so sweet, but so good too! The vanilla cupcakes are made from scratch, which is also a first for me.
I played around with several tips until I found the one that I wanted. These would make great "placement cards" for Thanksgiving dinner this year too! You could write names on the little spoons (you can find these on Amazon). The jars can be found at Walmart of most grocery stores too.
These cupcakes are SO moist and fluffy too! If I didn't make them, I would have thought that they were bakery bought! I cut them in half and added icing in the middle!
Pumpkin Buttercream Icing
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 4 TBSPs unsalted butter, softened
This literally took me 5 minutes to make! It is rich, but so delicious too! It only made about a dozen, so you may need to double. It is up to you!
- I creamed the butter and pumpkin together first with the whisk attachment on the mixer until smooth. (just try your best)
- Beat in the nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon.
- One cup at a time, add your powdered sugar until you get it the way you want it!
- ENJOY! You can make up to 24 hours ahead! If the icing gets too firm, mix it and add a little milk to get it to the texture you want it.
Fluffy Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes
Takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 30 to bake! Makes about 15 cupcakes or (2) 9 inch cakes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Butter your pan or cupcake pan! I chose to use silicone cupcake liners and I pulled them off easily. I buttered those first too!
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add the following: In a large mixing bowl, stir together baking soda, salt, flour and baking powder. Stir until everything is blended!
- Grab your mixer bowl (or another bowl if you do not have one) and combine eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat with the paddle attachment in your mixer, until it gets fluffy.
- While the mixer is running, alternate dry ingredients and milk until everything is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean! Cool for 10 minutes
- Cut the cupcakes in half and add your icing, place the other half on top, pipe icing and add your topper. Enjoy!
These cupcakes are SO good! Please let me know how you liked them! I can't wait to make more! Now, I must make ALL THINGS pumpkin! Enjoy!
Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below the post title! Thanks for reading!