I am so excited that Christmas is almost here! It is super exciting! Before I had a family, I dreaded this time of the year. My husband's family always makes it amazing. I love being crafty and making new things. We also love ornaments. I have an amazing idea to share with you! Check it out for yourself!
These ornaments are simple to make! You only a few items to make these too!
What all you need:
- Parchment Paper (not pictured)
- Metal Christmas Cookie cutters
- A bag of ROUND peppermints
- Treat Bags
- Wilton Decorating Icing in Verde Kelly
- Wilton Decorating Icing in Red
- Wilton Decorating Icing in Blanco
- Wilton Tip Set #3 round and #16 open star
- Coulper Rings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350*.
- GREASE your cookie cutters with no stick spray.
- Estimate how many peppermints you need by roughly placing enough to fill the cookie cutters. The peppermints will expand when they melt. You can see the first photo below to see what I am talking about.
- Place in the oven and bake 5-7 minutes- just enough to melt flat. Keep an eye on it and do not let it bubble.
- IMMEDIATELY when they are done, place the cookie cutter in the middle of your melted yumminess!
- I let them sit about 2 minutes and took a toothpick and swirled it in a small circle to make a hole.
- After about 10 minutes of sitting, I broke away the peppermint around the cookie cutters and popped the candy out of the middle. If they are not completely hardened, you can place in the freezer.
- If you choose to decorate, Pipe your frosting and place back in the freezer.
- Add your ribbon and place in the little gift bags!
- If you choose to put these on your tree, and DO NOT plan to eat them, I recommend a sealant.
These ornaments are completely adorable! You can make them your own!
You can choose to leave them plain, or add any cute piping and names! Another idea would be to make them edible gift tags or even edible place cards on plates for your Holiday dinner this year!
I had such a blast making them! I let the kids eat these because I plan to make more closer to Christmas.
They look so cute and festive!
I hope you enjoyed checking these out! I had a blast making these to show all of you! Do you think this is something you would like to try? I would love to hear!
Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below! Thanks for reading!
WOW your guests with these #DIY Adorable & Edible #Christmas Ornaments! https://t.co/5qYvIHDg89 pic.twitter.com/x6jZ6kUUoE— Bre-The Small Things (@bre631989) November 23, 2015