My 9 year old and I LOVE to be crafty. I was browsing Pinterest last week and became inspired to try so many new things. I want to share those new things with you! As you have seen, I have been posting so many gift in a jar ideas! (They can all be found via the DIY/Recipes tab). I want to share with you how to make holiday heart suckers- with mini candy canes! Check out what all you need below!
- 1 box of mini candy canes
- Sprinkles (optional)
- 1 bag of candy melts
- Treat bags
- Lollipop sticks
- Wrapping ribbon
- Ziplock bag
- Ball® 8oz Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars
- Parchment paper
One bag of melts will fill 17 hearts! One jar will hold 6.
- Lay out your parchment paper on a cookie sheet and open 34 candy canes and form hearts with them.
- Place lollipop sticks in the middle of the hearts (see photo below)
- Melt candy melts in a microwavable bowl at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Pour carefully into a ziplock bag and cut the end with scissors.
- Fill each heart and immediately add sprinkles in the middle.
- Allow to harden for an hour or pop in the freezer for 10 minutes!
- Place in treat bags and tie with ribbon
- You can put foam in the bottom of a ball canning jar, and place 6 in a jar. Tie ribbon on the jar and go gift!
This is such an inexpensive gift idea and SUPER CUTE too! Check out the process below in photos for yourself!
Lydia took a picture of me filling the hearts.
This is right out of the freeze. They are so cute!
These little hearts are so festive and adorable. You can use different colors of candy melts too.
Lydia had so much fun helping me make these. The best part of it, IT IS SO EASY and takes 20 minutes TOPS!
Give it a try yourself. Anyone can do it! Come back to tell me how you liked it too! Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below. Thanks for reading!
Check out my #DIY- #Holiday Heart Suckers In A Jar #Gift Idea! So festive and fun! Yummy too! https://t.co/moVF9VABTn— Bre-The Small Things (@bre631989) November 22, 2015