We are always looking to try new things in this household! I decided to go on a baking spree tonight, and I found out how to make Meringue Cookies. Now, I was a tad intimidated, however, it is SO much more simpler thank you think! These were whipped up and in the oven in 10 minutes! These are so light and airy too! They literally melt in your mouth. One batch will make 6 dozen small cookies, or 12 big cookies!
What you need:
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- Food coloring of choice, or you don't have to use it at all
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 225*. Beat eggwhites with mixer until frothy. You can use a stand mixer but remember to use the wire whisk attachment.
- Add cream of tarter and beat until you see little peaks forming in the bowl.
- Add sugar 1tbsp at a time until sugar is dissolved!
- Keep the mixer on and mix in your food coloring until you get the color you want as well as the vanilla extract. You can use any flavor if you wish. Play with what you want, it is YOUR creation!
- SPRAY lined cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. DO NOT make the mistake I did by using butter spray, or your cookies will have a tan tint to them. Drop 1 inch apart or you can also pipe them on. Add your sprinkles if you want to have them on there.
- Bake 45 minutes, turn oven off and let them sit one hour. Remove, let cool, and ENJOY!
They are so good, and I was surprised at how easy that they were to make too!
Enjoy! Tell me how you like them, or if you plan on making them yourself too! I would love to hear! Like this post? Pin via the button below, or share with your friends! Thanks for reading!
Check Out My Easy Meringue Cookies! So mouthwatering! https://t.co/2q022lEqXj #Recipe #DIY #HolidayBaking #Cookies pic.twitter.com/WDK6VJMdgv— Bre-The Small Things (@bre631989) November 12, 2015