It is cold/flu season here in Tennessee. The weather doesn't know how to make up its mind at all. We are all always sick this time of year. Lydia brings stuff home. It always seems like once one of us gets better, we are all sick again. I hate getting out and about when I feel nasty and groggy. Amwell makes it possible for everyone in our family to stay home, and still be seen by a provider. Amwell is the nation’s largest telehealth company, connecting users with board-certified, licensed doctors, dieticians and psychologists for immediate and live, online visits—day or night, on either mobile or desktop. Doctors on Amwell are board certified, with an average of 15 years in practice
There are three ways that you can be seen by a provider. Via the App Store, Google Play, and even online. There are also three levels of care that you can receive. Medical, Diet & Nutrition, and lastly, Psychology. Some conditions their doctors encounter include: minor illnesses and injuries, general health and wellness concerns, prescription refills, and chronic condition management. When you log in you will see a list of providers and you can choose one to chat with. You will be connected right away. My husband used this app when he wasn't feeling well recently.
It was after 9, the doctor was closed and he thought he was having muscle strains, and she was concerned that it was something else, so she had him to go the ER. Thankfully, it wasn't anything to be concerned about. It did give us a scare though. Thankfully, Amwell doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are dedicated to keeping you healthy - all from the comfort of your home. Should we have another issue arise, Amwell is going to be our go-to!
One of the many reasons that I love Amwell, is you do not have to deal with traffic, waiting rooms, or rescheduling—just you, your device (smartphone, tablet or computer) and a doctor. It was so convenient for him to call and be seen, even though he ended up having to go to the ER anyway. I am still happy he called through! Moms LOVE Amwell too. Don't want to drag the kids out? Amwell is to the rescue!
Have a question to ask a doctor? Get the care you need quickly - typical issues include:
• Sinus infection
• Sore throat
• Urinary tract infection
• Sprains and strains
• Respiratory infection
• Weight concerns
• Smoking cessation
Depending on the issue at hand, the doctor can diagnose, suggest follow-up, and prescribe, when appropriate. Amwell takes your privacy very seriously. Your visit with the doctor is secure and HIPAA compliant. Amwell is accepted by many major insurers, with more added every day. Enter your health insurance information for a lower cost visit. Did you know that you can use Amwell in 46 states too?
Check out the reasons people LOVE Amwell:
1. Lower cost. Consumers expect online visits to be cost-savers; with in-office visits costing $82 for first-time patients according to the Healthcare Blue Book, Amwell offers a $49 physician visit – a savings of $33. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance
2. Accessibility. After hours, on weekends and in the middle of the night (24/7/365) availability. Great for those who do have transportation or when you don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated and don’t have providers yet.
3. Convenience. Consumers are looking for a faster appointment. Now they don’t need to schedule an appointment nor do they need to wait to be seen, especially if on vacation or business travel. The doctor can be seen from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
obtain common primary care prescriptions.
4. Quick prescriptions. Consumers would rather have an online video visit than an in-office visit to average,
5. Peace of mind. Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum for medical advice, users can obtain second opinions directly from board certified, licensed doctors.
What do you think? Want to try Amwell yourself? You can use this code: BEWELL18 and your first visit is only $1. BE sure to visit their social media to stay up to date with the latest! Thanks for reading!