I LOVE fingerprint cookies! They almost melt in your mouth! They are SO delicious too! I wanted to make it and share my results with all of you. I am a HUGE Downton Abbey fan, so I opted to use a few of their products from Cost Plus World Market. I used Downton Abbey Lemon Curd, Downton Abbey Holiday Preserves and Downton Abbey Blackcurrant Jam on my cookies!
My only regret is that I did not make them smaller. I will do that next time, that's for sure. What you need to make these cookies:
- Downton Abbey Lemon Curd
- Downton Abbey Holiday Preserves
- Downton Abbey Blackcurrant Jam
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar to the side on a plate
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted soft butter
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350* and grab a small bowl, Whisk flour, salt and baking powder.
- Using a mixer, in a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until it is fluffy.
- Add your egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until it is all mixed. It will be dough like.
- Take an ice cream scoop and scoop out balls of dough, then roll in sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- Place your thumb in each one, making a hole.
- Spoon in your jam, curd, or whatever you choose to work with.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool on a rack.
I love the sweet and bitter taste that these have too! They almost melt in your mouth.
The good thing about these is that if you mess up, you can always start all over again!
Overall, I am thrilled about how they turned out! You can visit your local Cost Plus World Market and purchase the curd, jam and preserves to try for yourself! You can always purchase online too!
Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below! Thanks for reading!