Valentine's Day is almost here and what more of a treat could you ask for than chocolate and cherries?! I have the most perfect treat for you! All of these products were purchased at Cost Plus World Market too! These are chocolate dipped cake cherries! More like a cake pop, really! Let me tell you what you need to make this delicious treat!
- 1 Jar of Soiree Maraschino Cherries
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jar of pre-made icing or you can make your own
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Pour in a 9x13 cake pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool and crumble.
- Throw in 2 tbsp of icing with the cake and form into balls around the cherries.
- Put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips on 30-minute intervals until melted.
- Dip cake cherries in chocolate and sprinkle the sprinkles on top.
- Put in fridge to set! ENJOY!
This is SUCH a delicious treat for anyone to enjoy! They don't have to be perfect! They are so good!Here is some food porn for you!
Give it a try for yourself! They are a hit, that is for sure! Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below! Thanks for reading!