I have a cute and festive treat for you! This is the perfect Valentine's Day treat, but the best of all- you can make it any time of the year!
You only need a few things to make these cute and easy mini heart pies! The best thing of all- it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!
- (1) 2 pack of pre-made refrigerated pie crust (two packs made 11 mini pies for me)
- Cookie Cutter
- 1 egg beaten and mixed with a tbsp of water
- Sugar or Sugar sprinkles
- 1 can of pie filling of choice. I chose strawberry and raspberry
- parchment paper
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 425*, Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay another sheet on counter and spread pie crust open.
- Cut into heart shapes. You need two per pie.
- Mix corn starch and pie filling and spoon on bottom pieces of pie shapes.
- You can cut shapes in the crust, but it is optional. Place top piece on the bottom piece.
- Pinch ends with fork
- Brush egg wash on each and sprinkle sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on cooling rack to cool.
These are so yummy and not to mention they are CUTE!! Enjoy!!
I cut little x shapes and cut out hearts to make "x's and o's" for Valentine's Day! I used the heart pieces I cut out to place on random pies and it turned out too cute.
Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below! Thanks for reading!!