I don't know about you, but I LOVE sugar cookies! I just do not like the mess that comes with cutting them and cleaning up flour from the counters. I have the perfect solution! Sugar Cookie Bars! These are such a delicious treat! They are mess free!This is so easy to make! They are chewy and sweet!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375* and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- With a whisk attachment, cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add your egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder. With the mixer on, slowly mix flour mixture into the butter mix.
- Press dough into pan with a spoon and bake 18-22 minutes. You will see when it is done because the edges will be golden brown.
- Let cool and add frosting/sprinkles! ENJOY!
- I creamed the butter with the whisk attachment on the mixer until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar slowly starting with two cups.
- Add the remaining sugar and if it is too stiff, add a tbsp of milk, if it is too runny, add MORE powdered sugar. Trust me, it will stiffen up.
- Add food coloring to your liking and enjoy!
Like this post? Share via one of the buttons below! Thanks for reading!