I am a sucker for good movies. The ones that suck you in and get you interested! I Also love movies that leave you speechless. The Finest Hours left me at that. Disney has outdone themselves yet again! I cannot believe that this is based on a true story! I love the time period that this takes place in as well. "THE FINEST HOURS,” is a heroic action-thriller based on the true story of a 1952 U.S. Coast Guard rescue. I am happy to announce that it is On Blu-ray and Digital HD TODAY.
This Blu-ray has a host of bonus features about the making of the movie and the remarkable true-life events that inspired it too! This movie stars a few faces that you may know! Starring Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films), Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”), Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”). Check out the sypnosis for yourself below while you are here!
This heroic action-thriller is based on the extraordinary true story of the greatest small-boat rescue in Coast Guard history. In 1952, a massive winter storm strikes off the coast of Cape Cod, ripping a T-2 oil tanker in half and trapping more than 30 sailors inside its rapidly sinking stern. When word of the disaster reaches the U.S. Coast Guard, four men led by Captain Bernie Webber (Chris Pine) set out in a 12-seat boat on a daring mission to rescue the stranded men, braving freezing cold, 60-foot waves and hurricane-force winds, and guided by Webber’s vow that “We all live, or we all die.” Packed with thrilling, larger-than-life action and anchored in a belief in the strength of the human spirit, The Finest Hours is a triumph.
Want to get even more excited about this release? I have TWO new clips for you! These are deleted scenes.
The Story of How They Met - Deleted Scene
- AGAINST ALL ODDS: THE BERNIE WEBBER STORY – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
- BROTHERHOOD – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
- TWO CREWS – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
- WHAT IS YOUR FINEST HOUR? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
- THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD- Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
- DELETED SCENES: o A Desperate Idea o The Story of How They Met
Visit The Finest Hours on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest!
Have you seen this movie? I would love to hear what you think about it in the comments below!