I have a 9-year-old that is completely obsessed with Emojis. I mean OBSESSED. She wants an emoji-themed party this year. I figured that I would give it a go and make emoji cookies, so that when the time came, I knew if I could do it or not for her party. These sugar cookies are no chill and yield about 30-36 cookies, depending on how big you cut them.
For the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- & 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400* and in a mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Now beat in your egg and vanilla.
- Grab another mixing bowl and mix baking powder, flour and salt.
- Mix in with your hands (I find this to be easier) one cup of butter/sugar mixture at a time into the flour mixture until combined and dough-like.
- Roll into two balls and on a floured surface roll with a pin and cut with your cookie cutters. I find it easier to put flour on the cutter to get it to not stick as much.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking pan 1 inch apart and bake 6-7 minutes.
- Let cool and then add icing. Enjoy!
For the royal icing:
- Food coloring of choice.
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- 6 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Combine sugar and milk until smooth, stir corn syrup and vanilla. Divide into bowls and add food coloring.
- To make it thick enough to pipe, add more sugar.
- I found this glaze dries shiny and pretty! Pipe the sides of the cookie and then add the glaze in the center to avoid spilling over. Let the cookies dry 2 hours before you pipe the tops. ENJOY!
These cookies are not perfect, but they are fun and cute and they are delicious!
I made this cute image below, feel free to print it. =) ENJOY this recipe!
Like this post? Share with your friends or pin the first image! Thanks for reading!!